Don’t make the mistake of hiring the wrong painting contractor. Poorly prepared surfaces and incorrect paint application can be with you the entire life of your home.
The most important step in an exterior paint project is the preparation work.
Proper preparation is a tedious process, many painting contractors do the bare minimum, and cut corners to increase their profit. At PTX painting we believe preparation is no place to cut corners.
Preparation on all our projects include:
- Proper washing. of your home either by Hand or by Machine to remove all mildew and dirt that would interfere with the proper adhesion of the paint.
- Through and complete scrapping of all peeling surfaces*
- Full or spot priming of all raw or failed/deteriorating surfaces with slow dry penetrating primers
- Caulking all butt & union joints in trim and where siding butts into trim with 50year caulk
- Full and proper protection (Plastic, drop clothes, etc.) to ensure surface not being painted will not get paint on them.
- Daily clean-up
*Paint & Wood finish stripping and feather sanding is available